Keeping your thermostat turned up high but still feeling the cool winter draft? Tired of having to bundle up with sweaters just to walk around your home?
It may be time to get your HVAC system looked at or even replaced! Check out some of these useful questions to see if it’s time to put your old HVAC system to rest:
- Is your system older than your children? Or more than 10 years old?
- Is it always on?
- Is it not working quite as well as it used to?
- Are you breaking the bank every time the electric bill comes in?
If you answered yes to any or all of those questions then it may be time to start thinking about getting your system replaced.
Before you you buy a new system, try out some of these techniques to improve the efficiency of your system:
– Seal up all leaks and cracks in your walls, this way the system doesn’t have to work as hard to heat or cool your home.
– Always keep it at the same temperature, the consistency keeps your system working more effectively and alive longer.
– Get an energy assessment, this will be a lot cheaper than a new HVAC system and give you an accurate diagnosis of your system’s lifespan.
If you still aren’t sure or want to learn more about your HVAC system then call Man with a Wrench, your one-stop shop for all electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and appliance applications. If you are worried about your HVAC system then book a free virtual consultation where one of our technicians can walk you through the steps of diagnosing and potentially solving any of your problems.