Thank you for choosing Man with a Wrench for your appliance repair!
Please review our policies including Parts & Warranty as these cover some of our most frequently asked questions.
We are a team of appliance repair professionals who advise and help our clients make good decisions for their repairs – one that takes care of the issue effectively and cost-effectively.
The focal point is never just the appliance and how it operates. Our focal point is your home and all of the things around your appliance as we are not coming out to create more issues, but rather to solve yours for you. For this reason, the appliance issue is the easy part. The preservation of your home is our priority. Once we have assessed the situation in its entirety, we will proceed with the repair itself.
In many cases, our expert technicians will be able to repair your appliance with nothing but their own labour and expertise. There will be cases where a new part is required in order to fully fix your appliance. If your appliance repair order contains a part order, here is what you need to know:
- Parts are ordered within 24 hours of your appointment.
- Part orders depend on the stock/availability of the component with our vendors and the efficiency of the courier.
- If parts are in stock, the general wait time is 3-5 business days for MWW to receive the component assuming the order is processed and delivered on time. If the parts are not in stock the vendor will generally provide an ETA regarding the arrival of the order and that is also subject to change although usually fairly accurate.
- Technicians carry stock of common parts on them as well to help expedite repairs when possible.
- Waiting on a part order? Click here to submit a Parts Inquiry – we will be sure to get back to you within 24 hours with all the answers.
Our expert technicians care about getting your appliance fixed properly and effectively on their first try and they will do everything in their power to do so. But every now and then some machines just act stubbornly and the issue comes back. Thankfully, we offer an industry-leading parts and labour warranty to protect your appliance, wallet, and sanity in these instances.
If you are an existing customer and need to claim a warranty, give us a call at 1-888-454-4840
- All orders get a 3-month warranty on labour. If the same issue comes back, our technicians come back free of charge until the issue is fixed. That’s a promise.
- No refunds on labour – we only hire the best technicians, and they need to be paid for their time, expertise, gas and car expenses.
Parts that ARE covered by warranty
- All mechanical components are covered by a 1-year warranty
- This includes mechanical components like the motor, pump, infinity switch and so on.
- Please note this does not cover any damage incurred by the user.
What is NOT covered by our warranty
- Electrical components (i.e. main control boards, replay boards, user control)
- NOT covered by warranty and there are no refunds
- Why? – It’s just not possible to trace the reason for the damage. Electrical components can fail due to a defective electrical panel, thunderstorm or even maintenance to city generators. For this reason, the appliance market does not take responsibility for them and no refunds can be offered by the supplier or the manufacturer after installation of the board.
- Boards are NOT diagnosable due to the fact that they have hundreds of components on them and it takes a totally different profession to repair and diagnose the board itself. Logistically, to fix a board usually takes more time and money than simply replacing the appliance itself.
- NOT covered by warranty and there are no refunds
- Samsung Fridges, Dishwashers and Top Load washers are also not under warranty as these appliances are notoriously unreliable and tend to break depending on the direction of the wind that morning.
Please note that although intermittent issues are protected under our warranty, they are non-refundable. Why?
If an Issue is intermittent, it’s not possible for a technician to accurately pinpoint if the occurrence has only one or multiple causes – there may be one or there may be several. If our technician completes a repair and leaves, and a new different issue arises which was the fault of our technician, this is covered under our warranty and we take full responsibility for the damage.
POINTER: Always make a video of the unwanted behaviour when you catch it as it may act as a great clue to help improve the accuracy of the diagnostic and repair.
Please note that after a water-based appliance has been serviced, the first few loads should be done while being at home with the unit and periodically checking on it. Although our technicians always properly seal and put back together the appliance as well as run a test before they leave, water can be very sneaky and leak its way out of the smallest of crevices.
If your first few loads are without issue – you are good to go! If you notice a leak – give us a call at 1-888-454-4840