Kleinburg is a small village located in the northwest corner of Toronto. It has always been a bedroom community and one of the many towns annexed by the city of Vaughan in the 1960s. Today, it is home to over 27,000 people, spread out over just under 10 square kilometers. Kleinburg has a relatively small town centre, but there are a lot of amenities close to home. Whether you live in Kleinburg or just want to explore the area, we list all of the must-see attractions in the area.
What is the history of Kleinburg?
Kleinburg was originally a hamlet named “The Shambles”, but was renamed after the Canadian entrepreneur, Simon Guttmann. The Shambles was a village located in the eastern part of Toronto, near Toronto’s current Exhibition Place. It was first settled in 1801, and was annexed by the city of Toronto in 1845.
It was later renamed “Kleinburg” after the Guttmann family. Simon Guttmann was born in 1817 in Liegnitz, Prussia, and immigrated to Canada in 1832. He made his fortune in the lumber industry, and in 1859, he founded the “Guttmann Lumber Company”. He died in 1887 in Toronto, and was buried in the Mount Pleasant Cemetery.
Things to do in Kleinburg
- Visit the Village Hall – Located at 205 Westcliff Avenue in the historic downtown, the Village Hall is the hub for everything in the community. From meetings to special events, this building is always bustling with activity.
- Visit the Art Gallery – The Art Gallery is an art haven located on Highway 35 just past Highway 12. The gallery features rotating exhibitions featuring local artists and community events.
- Take a Hiking Trail – The city of Kleinburg is home to over a dozen hiking trails, located just outside the city centre. Some of the best hiking trails in Ontario can be found here, including the Maple Leaf Trail and the Blue Heron Trail.
Where to eat in Kleinburg
– Ale House Gastropub – Located on Main Street in the downtown core of Kleinburg, this restaurant and bar is perfect for date night. Ale House Gastropub has become a local favourite for its innovative pub food, craft beers, and its outdoor patio.
– The Village Restaurant – The Village Restaurant has won the hearts of locals and tourists alike for its amazing brunch and dinner menu. From burgers and pasta to seafood and steak, this restaurant has something for everyone.
– The Back of the Village Bakery – The classic, homemade burgers and homemade poutine at this small family-owned restaurant are legendary. If you want to experience Canadian-style hospitality at its finest, this is the place for you.
– Ten47 Brewing Company – Located just off the highway and a short drive from the city centre, Ten47 Brewing Company is a must-visit brewery when visiting Kleinburg. With its delicious ales, you won’t want to miss this one.
– The Old Mill – This restaurant is known for its classic, hearty breakfasts, hearty lunches, and hearty dinners. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or a hearty meal that will fill you up, this is the place for you.
– Hock’s Family Restaurant – This cozy and charming restaurant sits just off of Highway 35 and serves up classic steak and fish dinners. This is the perfect spot for a quiet and romantic date.
– The Pancake Pantry – This restaurant is known for its pancakes, but also serves up classic breakfasts and lunches. This is the perfect spot for a quick bite to eat before you continue your journey.
Common home repair tips for Homeowners in Kleinburg Vaughan
- Fix leaks in your driveway, sidewalks, and roof. This will greatly reduce your water and roof utility bills, and make your home safer.
- Patch up bike, lawnmower, or vehicle tire punctures. This will help your vehicle maintain its value, and keep your bike, lawnmower, or vehicle safe.
- Do a foot inspection of your basement. This will help prevent costly basement flooding, which can happen when cracks, holes, and gaps are found.
- Do not over-rely on the automated toilets in apartment buildings. If it does not flush, turn it off and report the issue to the management immediately.
- Make sure your garbage disposal is set to a moderate setting. This will help avoid the damage caused by too much hard or abrasive food.
- If your home’s water pressure is low, then call a plumber to install a new water line.
Common Electrical tips for Homeowners in Kleinburg Vaughan
- Check the ground wires on your extension cord. Make sure that the actual plug on the cord does not come into contact with the floor. This is a dangerous electrical ground.
- Check the fuses on your circuit breaker panel. Make sure that there are enough fuses installed per circuit.
- Place a circuit breaker on your main power line to avoid a fire from burning down your home.
- Check your main power panel for any loose screws or covers. This will help prevent a fire from starting in your main panel.
- Do not use cleaning products or abrasive wipes on your appliances. This can damage the finish on your appliances and cause them to rust or corrode.
- Do not let your appliances overheat. This can cause internal damage, or lead to a fire.
- Clean your refrigerator coils regularly. This will prevent your fridge from becoming noisy, or needing repairs.
- Make sure your dishwasher pump is working. If it is not, unplug it, and then run a wash cycle to clear the soap solution.
Let Man with a Wrench Home Repair help with HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Appliances, and More
Our team of appliance experts is ready to service your repair or installation on your schedule. We proudly work with top-tier brands like Miele Canada in order to provide you with the best possible care for all of your appliances. You can reach us virtually or by visiting our site, and we are always working hard at attracting and training the most passionate talent that we can find! No matter what type of appliance has caused a problem, or how big it may be, our well-established certified technicians are here waiting to assist you in resolving any problems so that they no longer interrupt the everyday living process.
When it comes to plumbing repairs, installations and waterproofing in Toronto and the GTA, we have you covered. Broken pipes, leaky faucets or clogged toilets are just some of the issues that plague our plumbing system if not taken care of quickly. We understand how important a properly running plumbing system is to you- call us when there’s a problem!